Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter?

I just can't get my head wrapped around that Easter is this weekend. I feel guilty for not being 'ready', almost feel disconnected. I don't feel disconnected from God but from the calendar. Could someone give me a couple more weeks, please? I don't want to have the wrong mindset going into the greatest celebration we have as Christians. This weekend is about Jesus' resurrection, not about dinner, candy, eggs, bunnies or decorations - good thing coz I don't have any of that figured out. Not interested in the traditional Easter dinner. Have not decided what I'm going to fix yet. Might be enchiladas - just kidding - maybe liver and onions - ok, kidding again. I just don't know and it is stresses me a little. Oh, my. I just thought to myself, you need to read the scriptures about His final days to prepare your heart for this season and I realized I don't want to hear about how we disappointed Him and so many missed Him and to be reminded His suffering....I think I'm in an avoidance mode. Hmmmmm.....anyone else feeling discumberated??? Hope I'm alone in this coz it just doesn't feel good.

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you...I guess it's good to have this holiday...to make a BIG deal about it all...we certainly take God for granted...what Jesus did for us...but I guess this heart attitude we all enter into around Easter is what I need all year long. And the words just came out of my mouth that we need to figure out where to go to church, how to get the elderly mother in law picked up and when to have a meal with her...hmmmm. What to have???? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete