Monday, March 16, 2009

Went to a Women of Faith conference this last weekend. While having a conversation with a couple of other women, I asked the question "if you could have any job or be anyone in the world, what would it be?". Even though I asked the question, I didn't have an answer at the time. Then it dawned on me....I want to be Patsy Clairmont or Chonda Pierce. One of those comedian ladies that can be so real with life yet put a humorous twist to it ending with a nugget of spiritual wisdom. In honor of my new idol, Patsy Clairmont, I will share with you something I learned from her this weekend. Her husband told her she was bossy, her two sons confirmed their father's opinion. Patsy, on the other hand, told them that she wasn't bossy but that she had 'giftedness of instruction'. The next 'spiritual gift' test that I take better have that one listed:).

All is going well with our recent addition of a resident. He still doesn't have a full time job but is managing some work here and there. Today is a job of hard labor, tearing off a barn roof and replacing it. I don't know how many days the work will last but I think it will be good, hard work and he is with a Christian man who has a heart to connect with him. It would be great to be able to post that we've made great strides in the areas of his life that aren't where I'd hope they were but honestly, God has given Ralph & I a peace about taking this slowly, celebrating whatever baby steps are taken. Sometimes Branden is very quiet and distant. Other times, he is very engaged in what's going on around him. When he is silent, I wonder what he's dealing with so I'll leave him alone and simply pray for God to capture his thoughts. He caught me at a very busy time the other day and wanted to talk.....so we did....the work got done in time though I had a little stress behind the scenes:).

Spring weather is here today and I'm at the computer. Something is wrong with that picture so I'm outta here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment