Friday, March 20, 2009

5 am - who knew?

I think God is funny in how he works us....I've never liked early mornings! Well, the few times I did get up early I thought "this is a cool time of the day" but was pretty sure it would lose its coolness if I did it all the time. So what does life look like for Ralph and I these days? One of us is getting up at 5:10 to take Branden to work. Yes, he now has a full time job with the trash company. I have new appreciation for those men who pick up our trash. It's quite a physical workout and far from a clean job. But you know, I think there is a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day knowing you have worked hard and moved a lot of trash. Some of us move trash around all day in our head and never get anything accomplished:). Anyway, I'm learning to stay up when I get back from delivering him and starting on my daily devotions.....or get on the computer:).

Our church has had a prayer/fast week. I've not done a full fasting and feel a little guilty because many who are attending have been very faithful in a full fast. The prayer meetings each night have been a blessing. Since I don't feel prayer is a gifting of mine, though it is a universal responsibility, I love to hear the hearts of those prayer warriors who seem to know how to break through speaking truth over a situation. I can 'agree' with the best of them :). Last night was a night to specifically focus on spiritual strongholds and I left there with a gratefulness for this church who sought forgiveness, reconciliation and healing for offenses that had happened in the past. The church made a major shift in direction/focus this last year and there apparently was some discontent in either the shift or how it was presented or something. I don't need to know nor what to know what those offenses were. I appreciated the humbleness to seek healing in that area. And the prayer was lifted to break the 'spirit of religion'. That spirit that gets too full of its self and becomes arrogant. I did appreciate the side note that this didn't mean the church was getting soft on standing on the Truth of His Word. Anyway, what I was hearing was lining up with what God has been showing me about churches and personal relationships with God.

Have the churches moved away from what God intended them to be? As soon as those walls are formed, there come the rules of acceptance and approval. Some one, some where is sitting in the judgment seat determining if you are a good church member or not. Strip the walls away again and focus on the 'cornerstone'...the relationship with Jesus. I'm talking out loud and probably not making much sense because I continue to mull these thoughts around as God sorts them out to me.

Here's a question for you to answer so I'll have some comments and my ego will be feed that someone reads my posts:) :) :) :
If you could star in a movie, would it be drama, mystery, romance, intense action or comedy and can you give it a title?

4 comments:

  1. I think when we all stand face to face there will be much "OH MY...that's what You meant...OH God...I put You in such a tiny box." And brokeness for not being able to receive what He has to offer.

    As for a movie...a comedy most definitely. I am seeing a trend when I go out into the world for any reason...people are laughing at me as my brain burps...which is fine because I find it VERY entertaining some of the things I do. Although a romance would be fine...who would play the leading man...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this is your post...I was going to e-mail you this story...I have a very vivid memory of watching you tell your children how great the trash man was and how thankful we should all be that they come and get our trash every week. At the time, I was probably 10 years old and said something like "it's just the trashman...it looks like a stinky job to me." You responded that you wanted to make sure that your kids had an appreciation for all the people who provide a service to us, no matter what the job was.

    Fast forward 20 years...Cameron heard the trash truck pull down our street on Monday, so we ran outside to watch him dump our can into the truck. I made sure to rave about what a great job they were doing and how thankful we should be that they came every week to take care of our trash for us. I thought about that day and wondered if you realized the impact you had not only on your own kids, but your great-nephews as well.

    Thank you for that day and for helping me to be a better mom. Hopefully Branden will experience the same appreciation from his customers that we try to instill in our children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comedy of course...But idk about the name...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my chance to be in a movie in Boston....I passed it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete