Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nose Spray or Eye Drops?

Well, I wonder why I would post this and risk the comments my loved ones will certainly make on future gatherings but then I decided why not cause a little laughter even if it is at my own expense.

Take what started out to be a typical hurry-up afternoon, add an unexpected turn of events with things happening at hyper-warp speed when you realize your eyes are burning like crazy from the make-up that dissolved into your eyes when you found yourself crying out to God for His mercy and wisdom. It was a really sweet time other than my eyes were really uncomfortable. So naturally I marched straight to the bathroom cabinet, reached in for the bottle that would bring relief to the burn and as I poured drops into one eye....then the other....I realized that I wasn't holding Visine...nope, I was holding the saline nose spray.

The good news is that it was a 'saline' nose spray which is what natural tears are anyway. Maybe the saline was a little stronger than my real tears. I don't really know other than my eyes did a pretty good job of tearing on their own for a few seconds. Really, it all turned out just fine. And I don't know where the Visine is. It isn't in the cabinet where it usually is. Goes to show how we become creatures of habit....that could have dangerous consequences.

Guess you could say God answered my prayer for mercy....still waiting for the wisdom.

4 comments:

  1. lol...so glad the end of the story is still in His hands...He is molding and shaping, ready at a seconds notice to embrace when we come running, suddenly seeing the Light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jesus,
    Please keep my mommy safe.
    Love Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy,
    I'm sick and I miss you and I just want a subway sandwich. Come here.

    ReplyDelete