Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No Museums on Monday

I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that most museums aren't open on Mondays since they have longer weekend hours to accommodate visitors. Nevertheless I was disappointed yesterday when on his day off my husband suggested going to an art museum and there wasn't one open in the whole metro city area. So we did the next thing we do well anyway and that was go out to eat. Seriously while we are trying to be more aware of what we eat and what we spend eating out, it seems to be our downfall anyway. A good reuben sandwhich makes for a fun outing though.

Praises!! The test results have returned from J's mole removal and they were benign. To understand the significance of this, first: this time I prayed it wouldn't be melanoma and that she will not ever have it again; second: each one of her previous tests (with the exception of the melanoma case) has returned as displatia nevux (sp?) which is abnormal cells with the propensity to become cancerous. So a test result of "benign" is a wonderful sign of His grace and mercy in answering prayers and giving testimony to faith. Now to remember that with the other concerns I'm dialoguing with my Lord about...

So the next major health concern in my family is that of my older brother who is dealing with a re-occurence of lymphoma. It was just decided that he is going to undergo a stem cell transplant in February using his own stem cells. This is pretty intense but it is a process that has been improved and with some excellent results lasting longer term. He was cancer free for six years (time flew by) before it returned but they say it will continue to return on a shortening cycle each time. However, with this treatment, the statistics are showing 85% have not had a reoccurence after 8 years. I must say I admire him for his strength and outlook as he approaches this battle fully ready for victory. There is one important aspect I'm not sure he is taking into battle with him....will continue to pray for the assurance of his life in heaven's eternity.

It is so frustrating when I realize my son is communicating with me (or not communicating with me) much like his dad does with his own mother. Makes me sorry for not working to improve that line of communciation between my mother in-law and my husband. Now I'm getting the same treatment. So, wives, listen up. Encourage your husband to treat his mother like you want your son to treat you some day. Maybe you will have better results than I have at this point. Now I understand that this is partly that process of him outgrowing the need to touch base with the parental units at every turn and for that I will celebrate his independence. But mono syllables and grunting do not make for conversation! :)

Today is a big day in our nation. President Obama, may God work in you and through you as well as the individuals that make up this country. May we show brotherly love to one another that creates a unified front to the world regardless of gender, race or social class. I've always teared up at the words in the song "Let There Be Peace" ....and let it begin with me. If each one embraced that mantra what would our world look like? Oh, time for my melancholy self to move on for now....

2 comments:

  1. Mom...my name is Jody :-) and they all know that silly or jo or jo jo you have never called me J...o dear I worry about you at home by yourself :-) JUST KIDDING!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time Randy and I took the kids to the Nelson on a Monday. We were so disappointed when it was closed, but we walked around the entire thing looking at all the details of the building. We would have never noticed most of them if we hadn't been forced to.

    ReplyDelete