Friday, January 23, 2009

Late Date Night

Well, maybe it wasn't a late date night. More like a middle of the night date. And when I told my husband about it, he wasn't jealous at all. In fact, he was very supportive of my late night affair. And yes, I did use the word affair. It wasn't in the romantic, passionate sense of affair but it was an affair of the heart. You see, God has this way of waking me up in the middle of the night. For years I told him the same thing I would have told anyone waking me up, "not now - go away." What a blessing it has become to agree to hear Him out when He has something to share with me. And face it, during most of the day, I don't have enough discipline to be quiet to hear Him and as with all of us, there is always an abundance of distractions during our waking hours. So, back to the point of this post - last night's date. Since it was an affair of the heart, the details of the date might not be as interesting to others as it was to me. In fact, to summarize the event would be to say He revealed greater understanding of His truth and I was able to grasp it, put the pieces together, find and study scriptures and could even reiterate it for others. Too often I feel 'dull of mind' in that I can kinda get a grasp on something but am never able to spit it back out for others. I'm a thinking, hoping and praying that the 'dull mind' has been made at least opaque and maybe will even get better - :). Glory, but it was wonderful.
Then the sun rises and the local news team shows up in my neighborhood. How ugly our world can be and how close it is getting to home. A father sexually abused his daughter for the last 6 years, she has birthed 4 babies, two were buried on the property near us, one is dead but location unknown for sure and the other child is in foster care now. How much more of these horrific stories will we see before our Lord returns? Too many for sure. May He equip us to handle these events around us that demonstrate His grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment