Monday, June 18, 2012

Do It "Well"

To "Do It 'Well'" has been a recurring theme running through my thoughts for several weeks.  Those words came to me in a situation that I knew was beyond my understanding and ability.  In fact, to do it well is usually beyond my own selfish desires.  In order to fulfill the expectation of that statement, it requires trusting God to shore up, fill in and circle the entire situation which ultimately means it has nothing to do with you at all but is purely His sovereignty at work through you. 

To "Do It 'Well'" requires several things to happen:
1.  Recognize your need for Him.  ASK Him to "Do It 'Well'" through you.
2.  Get yourself out of the way.  Die to your emotions, opinions and self-agendas.
3.  Trust He will complete what He has purposed.  Know His character.
4.  Be patient.  Very patient.
5.  Focus on 'Jesus' and no one else or anything else.
6.  Praise Him because you KNOW He is faithful and good regardless of how you feel or what you see.
7.  Give thanks for another opportunity to practice "doing it well".

To "Do It 'Well'" means:
1.  There is an Opportunity:  For His glory to be shown in this situation.
2.  There is a need to Exercise:  Putting your trust in Him and not yourself.  Again, know His character.
3.  It is time for an Investment:  Using the gifts and talents He has given you as He directs for His purposes.
4.  Applying Wisdom:  To know when to move, speak or pray.
5.  A need to Develop:  A patience that passes your own understanding
6.  The ability to let go and let God.
7.  Having confidence:  that God is Sovereign in ALL things. 

I don't want to spend my life just persevering.  I want to spend my days on this earth "doing it well" for His glory.  When I find myself frustrated with life, it is often those times I have allowed my focus to drift to me instead of Him.  I know He has so much more to pour into me.  It's all available to me for the asking.  As I keep my heart and soul turned toward Him, He will show me how to "Do it 'Well'" for Him.  That is my heart's desire....for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment