Wednesday, June 23, 2010

3 Point Landing

How does a 3 point landing look? Well, it looks better than a crash landing and not quite as good as coming in on your feet. It actually means your tandem partner's feet touched first, then your tailbone and then his tailbone. I think we were coming in a little too fast and his feet slipped in front rather than take a full impact which might have hurt him. It's all okay though. I went into this skydiving experience with an open spirit to whatever He would show me. The lesson is this: You place your trust in Him, you give Him all control and know in your deepest spirit that the end will be okay. The surprise twist to the lesson is that giving Him all control and complete trust doesn't guarantee a perfect landing. The tailbone (or whatever) may get bruised, you will feel a little pain and life will still go on. The pain gets easier but the fact that the landing wasn't what you planned doesn't change. Life goes on. You can choose to replay the landing over and over and choose to focus on the bruised tailbone. Or your life can go on. If I've chosen to give Him my all, then I'm going to also chose for life to go on. Jesus came to give me life and life abundantly. A less than stellar landing isn't going to rob me of that life. The One who made the heavens and the earth has a plan and I'm gonna stick to it with Him!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear all the details....Aren't you glad no matter what the color of the day we can abide with Him. Love you!

    ReplyDelete