Thursday, December 31, 2009

Computer crashed last week, lost files (will have an external drive set-up soon so that can't happen again!!!). Learning to use a new computer and re-create business folders, etc. Have a cough/congestion like I've never had before. The last time I was very sick was pneumonia almost 15 years ago. Discovered I become a whiner by the end of the day - poor Ralph. Have made a couple of trips to an ICU in the city to see a friend who will either be healed by a miracle of God or draw his last breath any day. That brings with it a lot of ministry opportunity with his family and girlfriend. Am grateful for His grace in all of this. Kids will all be somewhere else for New Year's eve this year. I'm tired and think I will sleep the old year out and the New Year in....it can happen without me being awake. So, what have I learned in 2009? God can handle the affairs of the universe without me. I've resigned my Assistant to God title and am enjoying the severance package very much. I can rest and be content in the position of servant. The benefit package is just as good, maybe better, than trying to be Assistant anyway:). However, the next major lesson has been how to embrace what God has given us through the power of the Holy Spirit at work in us and through us. We keep asking God for things He has already imparted to us - when are we going to use those gifts? Don't you find that with your children sometimes - "I showed you how to make good decisions, do laundry, stretch your dollar; when are you going to use what I've shown you?". To have the patience of our Heavenly Father.
Happy New Year to all. May 2010 bring enough to meet your needs and blessings unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment